If you have a laptop or even a desktop with touch screen functionality and you do not want to use this functionality there is a way. Maybe you are coming from the old school and you prefer using only your mouse and a keyboard instead as using the touch screen functionality leaves fingerprints on the display.
Windows 8 and Windows 10 does not have any option in the Settings app to disable touch screen functionality. However, it is possible to disable it using the Device Manager. The below article will show you how to disable the touch screen functionality in Windows 8 and Windows 10.
- Right click on the start icon on your taskbar and select Device Manager;
- Locate Human Interface Devices and expand it;
- Look for HID-compliant touch screen right click;
- and select Disable;
- A confirmation pop up will appear to confirm your decision;
- Click Yes and upon your confirmation the touch screen functionality of your device will be disabled.
You can always revert the process by navigating to the Device Manager, right-click on HID-compliant touch screen and select Enable.
Note: You need to restart your PC to enable the touch screen functionality.
I hope that this article helped you to understand how to disable the touch screen functionality in Windows. Feel free to share your thoughts about this article using the comments section below or catch us on Twitter.