Some people find Outlook’s reading pane useful while others wish to have it off. It is easy to turn on/off or move the Reading Pane using the options on the View Menu.
To turn off the Outlook Reading Pane do the followings:
- Click View\Reading Pane\Off.
This closes the Reading Pane only for the folder you’re in. To change other mail folders, in the Folder Pane, click the folder, and then repeat the previous steps.
You can always reverse the process by re-enabling the reading pane from:
- View\Reading Pane and then Right or Bottom.
If you have a number of folders and you would like to turn off the reading pane in all folders in one go then do the following:
Any change made using the above trick applies only to the current folder. For a more permanent way of turning the Reading Pane off try the following.
- Select your current folder you just made changes.
- Click the View menu and then Change View\Manage Views.
- Select the Current View Setting and click Modify.
- Select Other Settings.
- Select Off in the Reading Pane section and then click OK three times to close all the dialogue boxes.
- So far this change only applies to the current folder. Click Change View\Apply Current View to Other Mail Folders.
- Either select the folders to which you wish to apply this view or tick the box for Apply view to subfolders if you wish this to apply to all incoming mail folders and click OK.
You should now find that the Reading Pane is no more in your inbox or any of the other folder in your Outlook.
Please leave your comments below with your thoughts or alternative methods.